Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Of sleep and disturbances

I dreamt a dream last night,
and quite a queer dream it was.
Not of angels and the dreamy Heaven,
but of dirty scum and wanton thugs.
In my dream, there lay austerity,
and in that austerity, my dream.
For some nasty reason, I enjoyed myself.
An odd buzz of disturbance ensued,
and I woke up to nature's precocious call.
Damn the timing, Damn it all!

I want to enter my dream again,
I want it to pervade my slumber;
Yet, there comes naught but failure,
as I try to conjure the hazy illusion.
As vacant as Freud's mind, is mine.
And I am reminded of patience.
And the dullness leads to a sweet sleep,
unbroken by an untimely bathroom break.

4 comments:

  1. Unless you're going the other way round, then, nothing makes sense! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, nothing does make sense. Now that I look at it, I am wondering what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww don't do that, I bet ur mind was like Freud's. :D

    ReplyDelete