Saturday, February 13, 2010

My love

A smile that flirted with his fine lips,
caught red-handed by the glorious rays,
spread across the sombre, cloudy sky,
over which had fallen the veil of darkness.
I watched my life smile comfortingly at me,
I replayed the image in the mirror of my mind,
and watched the reflection sketch a miracle!
Where can such truth be found, tell me?
Where can such bottomless love crouch and hide?
In the thin niches of the transient present,
there appeared a fleeting mirage of ecstasy.
I swished my magic wand, so sweet!
Poof! My petty illusion met reality!

7 comments:

  1. It's funny how u talk about ur magic wand n then an illusion! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the imagery of the smile being caught red handed by the rays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And until the last line, one tends to believe every word. Magic, you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually i like the serious thing behind the veil of light words....nice style....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aniket: Now THAT is generosity! Magic!?

    ReplyDelete