Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Proposal

The box is pink, a green satin ribbon is hugging it. A lizard is encased in that plastic-covered-with velvet-box. The lizard's eyes are glassy, steely, exotic- all at once. A motley of reflexes, more often than not, of revulsion crawls through my body. If you were to witness this disgusting spectacle, you would be overtaken by nausea, too. The prettiness of the encasement is soured by the contents. Have I already said that before? Well, I want to say it again. Feel it. Feel the slimy creature. The light goes dark. I see nothing. I still know that the lizard exists; its movement I can know. I shudder. I've been shuddering ever since. The lizard has cast its spell; its wish is granted - I have lost the battle of wits. The iron rod has been bent with a shudder.I have surrendered to that reptile, which shall rule my life with its malicious glint and its striving commitment. It expects from me love, I can give it naught. Oh, the reptile is advancing towards me. Each waking moment of drudgery in those Orb-like eyes. A film of poison on its pink tongue, and soon, on my ring finger.
The bitch won. That compromise of a bitch always wins.

3 comments:

  1. Paranoia appeals to me like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol it reminded me of 'The Black Cat by Edgar Allen Poe'. Well except the bitch part :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Well, that is sweet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete