Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Is a Yuppy Word

I am spent. I am spent and tired of fighting a lost battle against blues. I mean, what's the point? These veiled ghosts of sadness just seem to lurk at every corner of the road! Rowling's depiction of 'Dementors' is so perfect! Yes, babies, that is how I perceive unhappiness, and I am not ashamed of that! They're bloody, filthy, slimy creatures who suck on your happiness till their sadism is satiated!
Then again, the enlightened say, "Ignore them, you just be happy"
Aw, come on! How can you be happy? Is happiness a pill that you ingest? Is happiness a candy to suck on? Is happiness a pink umbrella that I can carry, to prevent the harshness of the mean Sun from getting to me? Is happiness a product for sale on EBay? Is happiness on my blog (definitely not)?
Tell me, what is this wondrous, ephemeral, or eternal, spring of joy that emanates from the bottom a rocky world- called happiness? And how do I win it?

Several attempts, by many a person have left Mankind clueless as to the answer to this universal question. Happiness has been sought in literature, in music, in dance, in art, in science, in God! And yet, nothing worked! Where does this butterfly live? Where does it hide? Why does it fly only once-a-while and glimmer through the alleys of life like a faraway dream? A mirage, almost. AN OPTICAL ILLUSION! That's what happiness is...NOT.

I am perplexed! I am distraught! I am moved! I am defeated! Yet again, I ask myself, why am I not happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment