Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Insomnia

The Canvas of dreams lay vacant.
No hue of the night appeared.
Colorless and dead-the violet sky.
The cherubs of sleep nowhere in sight,
As the demon of darkness shut the door.
The hallucination of a vague dream,
And eyelids that refused to lie.
Slumber slumber, where were you?
(Ride on a horse, come, take me away!)
The hours ticked away to eternity,
And time lay splattered across the night.
No matter the deathly stillness,
No matter the haunting loneliness.
Deprived of solace, I lay in my bed,
And begged the rustle of the leaves,
to sing me a lullaby and rock me to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of one of Tom's nemeses who sings 'Rock-a-bye baby on the treetop......' and throws him up to the ceiling, to amuse Jerry and the rest of the cats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Oh, my God! I know that! And it does sound like that. In la-la land.

    ReplyDelete