Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The matters of the liver

A frenzied march from across the hall,
and a knight standing all too proud!
Where? Oh, where else!? In the hall!
Where's the princess? Where's the clown?
Missing, missing! Why, O why!?
A frantic search in the kingdom,
and hands that felt the sky above
in despair, or due to sweaty armpits?
Either way, we all give up!
Oh, wait! One more place to scrounge!
I put my hand on my bare chest and breathe!
Aha, there you are! You elusive crowd-puller!
Where's the princess, you clowned-up boy?
"She's gone to the liver, sire!", said he!
The liver! Oh, dear! Not the liver!
Breathe, she cannot, the odours there!
Couldn't she have settled for a tiny heart!?
"No, sire! She said she likes exotic sights"
Exotic, my foot! Exotic, my liver!
The cuticles on my body stand in attention,
as I grope for my liver.
A belch here and there, and nausea!
And, finally, the wriggling royal in my hands!
And I look at her 'faint' expression,
and a wave of love washes the stink away!
I shall fondle you for life, O dear!
And I shall cage you in my heart forever!
She awoke and smiled, and squeezed my bottom,
"Cage me in your liver, sire. I like."
All yours! ALL yours!
My bladder, my liver, my kidneys, my all!


P.S.-And tomorrow, if thou shalt like, you can live in my heart, too. :)

3 comments: