Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The bouquet of beauty

In full bloom, they arrived at my doorstep.
A lovely sight, with their pouted mouths,
and their adorable purple snobbishness.
Streaked with seductive hues and freshness,
assembled in succulent foliage, they smiled.
And I swear one of them batted her eyelids!

Sent as a mark of remembrance, and apology,
they seemed not worthy of being unforgiven.
The surging life in their delicate being,
just a reminder of the rotting corpse within.
And the dew set upon their dainty petals,
similar to the growing mist in my watching eyes.


Only love could prompt their onerous journey,
and love could embrace their fresh fragrance.
A pang in my heart, as I recall the past.
And my silliness, wasted on their resplendence.
I bent down on one knee, and bowed my head;
and muttered a sad apology to beauty and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment