Thursday, November 26, 2009

On Fire

The wide world that shut its doors on me,
seemed like a giant reflective vampire.
A vampire, that sucked not my blessed blood,
but the very roots of my insouciant being.
With all the pain, came threads of pleasure,
and I floated around happily for a little while,
twirling slowly in my little black dress.
I closed my eyes and felt wonder in the air.
With open arms, I embraced the radiance.
Burnt my hands, my open arms- the wretched flame!
I looked around, my world was on fire! Raging!
My blissful apathy took the weighty blame,
and I watched ignorance turn to dirty ash.
The mirrors on the walls reflected the chaos,
and I wondered how I could still see my reflection?
The flames seemed to resemble me. And you.
I stood in the middle, awaiting confrontation.

No comments:

Post a Comment