Monday, September 28, 2009

My refuge

With open arms, it breathlessly waited.

Waited for my dreams to crash and shatter.

For then, I would run like the mighty wind

And fall into its vacant, restless arms.

It feigned no concern, no care- nothing at all.

Like a solid structure of hope, it stood.

Against all tempest, and the austere heat.

Its unmoving gait made me sprint with joy.

No care in the world, I seemed to pursue.

No purpose in my mind, no doubts in my heart.

Almost as if it knew what was coming,

What was being hurled at it so mercilessly?

It showed no disdain, no surprise. Presumption?

The poison in my words pierced its thick trunk.

My solitary refuge smiled, and let one tear flow,

As I cried, endlessly, into the labyrinthine night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm moved. Wonder what makes you write with such intense emotion though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I will take that 'I'm moved' as a compliment....I wonder, too, what makes me write with such 'intense' emotion!

    ReplyDelete