Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A weathered mind

Fluffy clouds, my thoughts, on a clear sky,
my mind. The Sun of cheer shines. It smiles.
A current of mild despondence, then, passes by
and manifests itself in my prized, white thoughts.
And they age. The scepter of morbidity lingers.
A tinge of ashen gray...No, not a silver lining!

Eventually, a slight drizzle cools the humid mind.
Soon turns into a mad hailstorm- icy, hard and merciless.
The endless thread of rain seems to flow out of my eyes,
and I fail to see past the little drops of heaven.
The ravages of the calamity, I can still easily witness,
And a queer chill runs down my spine. Oddly comforting.

The sun decides makes its warm presence felt.
Peeps through the white wisps of cloud and smirks!
The Golden Goddess, it rises above the lesser mortals,
and with a swish of her dainty wand, drives the rain away!
The clear yonder twinkles with boundless delight,
and the lone feather of joy travels, happily, to the sky...

2 comments:

  1. You would be better served dabbling in prose, I must say. Only I fear you care too much for the "delightful vagueness" of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You FEAR i care too much for the "delightful vagueness" of poetry? I adore it.

    ReplyDelete