Saturday, June 6, 2009

UNDER ARREST

“UNDER ARREST”


Like a fragile drop of water,
Upon a wrinkled leaf.
Threatening to fall off and scatter
Into countless teardrops of grief.

Like a brittle, pale thread,
Wanting to snap- uncertain and tense.
Awaiting to slaughter, then bury the dead,
Upon my heart, an irrecoverable expense.

Like a snowflake descending from the clouds,
Crystal clear, delicate, beautiful and real.
Unaware, ignorant of an apathetic crowd,
Its frailty is what I most fear.

Like an unheeded crevice on the wall,
Promising to grow conspicuous with age.
Soon my poor faith shall fall,
Into a catacomb, into a cage.

Like the obscure traces of humanity,
In this world where peace is despised.
Crowned with the ‘glory’ of cruelty,
Love and benevolence- dear and prized.

O trust! You are not to be trusted,
For I have been betrayed many a time,
Amidst the tears that I have shed,
I have learnt that to trust is a crime…

No comments:

Post a Comment