Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rainbow Of the Night

The Rainbow of the Night

It came one night, in my dream,
And I woke up with a scare!
How could it be possible, I wondered?
Ever seen a phenomenon so rare?

Perhaps the merriment of life,
Has reflected in the night sky?
Or maybe, the factions of war and strife,
Have bid us all a good-bye?

Such bold colours adorn the yonder,
And my heart is filled with so much mirth!
Isn’t thy heart overcome with wonder?
Witnessing Nature’s joyful rebirth?

True, it is! Not a mere illusion!
Castles are being built on solid ground,
My faith cannot withstand derision,
It must be pampered, must be crowned!

Oh No! Why are the colours fading away?
Why does the sheen seem to disappear?
Let there be some mercy, I pray!
Ephemeral angel….Reappear! Reappear!

Stay with me, O rainbow! Stay!
Do not disappear into the night!
You are the proof of a world astray,
Where right is wrong and wrong is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment