Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Parasite

Day and day out you call me,
Refuse to take the cue and leave!
Poisoning the secrets of my mind,
You horrify me, you disgust me.

You make me smile; it is hateful!You make me cry, and capture my heart,
You are the nightmare that persists,
You are the dream that never comes true.

In your captivity, I exist…painfully,
But if you let me go, I shall die,
You are a body of paradoxes,
A bitter-sweet irony…precious!

I look at myself, and I see you,
Even then, we are so different!
Each in a world of its own…
How can a consensus ever be met?

Yet, you lurk in my blood,
Circulating your displeasure so very oft,
I wish I could excoriate myself,
And let you go…..I cannot!

I am ‘me’, and you are ‘myself’,
I look at myself, and I see you,
Even then, we are so different,
Even then, we are so different…

No comments:

Post a Comment