Saturday, June 6, 2009

MY HERO

I stand in disbelief by the window
Of my emptied soul; my desolate heart.
Cataclysmic currents of my emotions flow,
As I watch you depart, shredding ‘us’ apart.
Mine, you were and will be, eternally.
Say whatever you want to-you may.
Engulfed by shock, overtaken by melancholy,
Nothing you say is going to make it okay.
An ocean of tears- a tribute to your memory.
A thousand sleepless nights; many more to come.
What is ‘happiness’? How do you make merry?
Not a smile to recall, not a song to hum.
Staunch darkness surrounds me ruthlessly,
As I let out whatever I had to say.
A spark has lit up the darkness, mercifully.
I have just found out that, you, my hero, were gay.


NOTE: The poem was written impulsively and from another person’s point of view and not my own…So dad, you can relax and start breathing again! ;-)
And I am not prejudiced against any particular sort of people. Like I said earlier, the poem was impulsive and not intended to hurt any sentiments.

1 comment: