Saturday, June 6, 2009

EXPECTATIONS….

Several eyes look upon me today,
Some with reverence, some with envy,
Some with apathy and others with expectation.
The patronizing glare of expectation burns
A hole in my heart. I fear that I may lose
In this egotistical battle. I lose despite survival.
Either win- A loss for me. To satisfy this expectation,
I work. Work without an aim of my own…
Work on others’ discretion…No rhyme or reason..
My victory brings along a sense of triumph
For everyone around me-not within myself.
The ghost of my desire haunts me day in, day out.
The ghost has found it’s comfort in my heart.
It thrives in the atrium of my heart.
My heart is it’s womb and it’s grave.

2 comments:

  1. hats off!!......to d last line.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anu.
    You people are being way too sweet!

    ReplyDelete